Learn cardiac anatomy and echocardiography anywhere
Become immersed in the HeartWorks® anatomically correct, 3D heart on a portable tablet. Hold the heart in your hands,
turn it around and look deep inside for an unparalleled understanding of structures and ultrasound views. With HeartWorks® AR learning can take place anywhere at any time.
Become immersed in the critically acclaimed HeartWorks cardiac simulation using Augmented Reality (AR)
HeartWorks AR is a highly portable solution with the fidelity of the HeartWorks simulator pre-loaded onto a Samsung tablet. Many HeartWorks features are available in the AR version, with a selection of viewing modes, anatomical slicing, structure labeling and highlighting, and standard cardiac ultrasound planes.
An educational tool that’s versatile, easy to use, and portable
Revise cardiac anatomy during self-directed exploration, deliver tutor-led training sessions on imaging planes, explain heart structure or function to patients, or connect to a projector and present to an auditorium; the possibilities of the HeartWorks AR tablet are endless.
Cardiac Anatomy and Echocardiography as you’ve never experienced it before
Hold the heart in your hand, turn it around, move, zoom and slice the 3D heart in any plane to get an unparalleled understanding of cardiac anatomy. Easily pause and restart the ECG trace, or move to any point in the cardiac cycle for further inspection. Explore the relationship between cardiac anatomy and ultrasound images; toggle the ultrasound fan on and off, and learn to recognize the ‘gold-standard’ imaging planes for both TTE & TEE.
Tablet make and model
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Galaxy Tab S6 Wi-Fi 256GB (SM-T860)
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) – 244.5 x 159.5 x 5.7
- Weight (g) – 420
- CPU Speed – 2.8GHz, 2.4GHz, 1.7GHz
- CPU Type – Octa-Core
- Size (Main Display) – 10.5″ (267.2mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) – 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA)
- Technology (Main Display) – Super AMOLED
- Colour Depth (Main Display) – 16M
S Pen Support
Yes (Gesture/Remote Control)
- Rear Camera – Resolution – 13.0 MP + 5.0 MP
- Rear Camera – Auto Focus – Yes
- Front Camera – Resolution – 8.0 MP
- Rear Camera – Flash – No
- Video Recording Resolution – UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) @30fps
- RAM Size (GB) – 8
- ROM Size (GB) – 256
- Available Memory (GB) – 224.5
- External Memory Support – MicroSD (Up to 1TB)
- ANT+ – Yes
- USB Version – USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Location Technology – GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- MHL – No
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MU-MIMO
- Wi-Fi Direct – Yes
- Bluetooth Version – Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
- NFC – No
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HID, HOGP, HSP, OPP, PAN
- PC Sync. – Smart Switch (PC version)
Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Internet Usage Time (Wi-Fi) (Hours) – Up to 9
- Video Playback Time (Hours, Wireless) – Up to 15
- Battery Capacity (mAh, Typical) – 7040
- Removable – No
- Audio Playback Time (Hours, Wireless) – Up to 105
Audio and video
- Video Playing Format – MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV,
- Video Playing Resolution – UHD 8K (7680 x 4320) @30fps
- Audio Playing Format – MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA,
- AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Services and applications LAST
- Gear Support – Galaxy Buds, Gear IconX (2018)
- S-Voice – No
- Mobile TV – No
Felipe Teran, MD, FACEP provides an in-depth review of the new HeartWorks AR system. Dr Teran is an Emergency Physician in the Division of Emergency Ultrasound and investigator at the Center for Resuscitation Science in the Department of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania.
“The HeartWorks AR has proven to be an invaluable tool for me and my team”
Felipe Teran MD, Founder of The Resusative TEE Project. Emergency Physician and Ultrasound Specialist, University of Pennsylvania
Featuring highly accurate HeartWorks 3D heart, which can be highlighted, rotated and sliced in any direction.
Position the heart within your surroundings, hold it in your hand and turn it around or choose the standard on-screen viewing mode.
HeartWorks® AR provides the 'gold-standard' imaging views for 28 TEE and 20 TTE imaging planes, with a transparent 3D rib cage to illustrate correct probe placement.
HeartWorks® AR provides the versatility to learn, teach or share echocardiography and cardiac anatomy anywhere.
The quality of the HeartWorks Cardiac Simulation, pre-loaded onto a Samsung portable tablet. With the HeartWorks AR tablet you can learn cardiac anatomy and echocardiography anywhere.
What’s in the box?
- Samsung S6 Tablet (with the HeartWorks AR program preloaded)
- Samsung S Pen
- Tablet case
- UK charger
- Multi-country charger
- Printed HeartWorks AR user guide
- Printed HeartWorks AR QR code
Interested in a multi-system package?
Distance learning courses to support Smarter Scanning.
Simulation in Cardiac Anatomy, Echocardiography and Lung Ultrasound.
Interactive Point-of-Care Ultrasound (PoCUS) Scenario Training.